Using the Windows version of the Liberty Virtual Courtroom Program
This page describes parts of the user interface for Windows users.
Logoff / Logon Button
This button toggles between Logon and Logoff.
When the virtual courtroom program starts, it will attempt an automatic logon to the conference server.
If successful, the button will appear as Log off and clicking the button
will log off and disconnect the program from the server and the conference.
If the logon has failed, or if the program is not set for automatic logon, then the button will appear as Logon and clicking this button
will cause the program to try a logon to the server.
Microphone Mute Button and Microphone and Speaker Selection
The following screen shows the Microphone Mute button and the Microphone and Speaker Selection drop-down control.
To mute the microphone so that other conference participants do not hear your audio, click the Microphone Mute button.
Clicking this button a second time unmutes the microphone.
To change the microphone or speakers being used, click the Microphone and Speaker Selection drop-down control and choose the device being used.
Camera Selection Button
The following screen shows the Camera Block button and the Camera Selection drop-down control.
To block the video so that other conference participants will no longer see your video, click the Camera Block button.
Clicking this button a second time unblocks the video.
To change the camera being used, click the Camera Selection drop-down control and change your device.
Video Right-Click Options
Right-clicking on any of the videos allows you to change the following video settings:.
- Maximize remote video, moves the local camera video into a thumbnail in the top-right corner of the Window.
Alternatively, you can use the Action menu to perform this function.
- Show this video, shows the selected video. Hide this video hides the selected video.
- Enlarge this video, makes this video stream larger than the other video streams, but still keeps the video inside of the overall Window.
- Show this stream in a separate Window, opens a new Window for this video stream only. The new Window may be located and sized according to your needs.
- Show all streams in separate Windows, opens new Windows for each of the video streams. Each of the new Windows may be located and sized according to your needs.
- Restore all streams in the main Window, returns all of the streams from separate Windows into the main video Window.
- Video stream allows for showing or blocking the various video streams.
- Hide stream panel closes the stream panel seen on the left side of the video Window.
Action Menu Drop Down
From the Action menu, you can choose from the following:
- Log off and Logon allows you to log off from, or log on to, the conference server.
This is the same as using the Logon/Log off button on the main screen.
- Open Downloads Folder, opens a File Explorer window to the folder where Virtual Courtroom files are sent when transmitted by the courtroom.
- Mute audio, mutes the audio from the microphone. This is the same as clicking the Microphone Mute button on the main screen.
- Block video, blocks the video from your camera. This is the same as clicking the Camera Block button on the main screen.
- Share screen, allows you to share a portion of your screen, or an application that is open on the screen.
- Leave private room, sends the participant back to the main virtual courtroom from a private room..
Share Screen Window
When you choose to share your screen, a new window appears that lets you choose the portion of the desktop that will be shared.
This can be a specific region of the desktop or a specific Window or application.
Follow the instructions on the screen to start screen sharing.
View Menu Drop Down
From the View menu, you can choose from the following:
- Maximize remote video
causes the local video to appear as a thumbnail in the top-right corner of the Window. Otherwise, the local video occupies a similar space as the remote videos.
- Always on top
causes the Virtual Courtroom application to stay on top of other desktop applications.
- Show Chat
displays the chat controls in the Virtual Courtroom Window. Hide Chat makes them disappear.
- System mixer opens the Windows Sound mixer on the desktop.
- Options allows you to display and change your configuration options for the Virtual Courtroom program.
Help Menu Drop Down
From the Help menu, you can choose from the following:
- Open debug folder opens Windows Explorer to the folder where debug diagnostic trace files are found.
- About displays the version of the installed Virtual Courtroom program.